- 1 Chophouse Steak Burger®
- 1 Quarter Head of Napa Cabbage; shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Japanese BBQ Sauce (see below)
- 1 Red Onion; sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon Kewpie Mayonnaise
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Brioche Bun; grill if desired
JAPANESE BBQ SAUCE:
- ½ Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ¾ Cup Mirin
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger; grated
- 4 Teaspoons Fresh Garlic; minced
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Each Scallions; sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- ⅛ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower to medium temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree mixture for 1 minute.
- Pour through a mesh strainer and discard solids.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Season frozen burger evenly with salt and pepper and place burger on a 350-degree grill or flat top.
- Once the burger begins to form juice pockets on the top (approximately 3.5 minutes), the burger is ready to flip.
* Do not press on the burger as it will release important juices and lead to a dry finished product.
* In the final stages of cooking, while burger is still on the grill, baste burger on both sides with bbq sauce until sticky.
- Remove burger from grill and place on bun bottom, top with onion, and Napa cabbage.
- Spread top bun with kewpie mayonnaise, place on burger and secure with pick.